Wednesday 5 July 2017

WOYWW #422: Altered picture frame

So it was #421 last week after all, which makes it #422 this week! Of course, I'm talking about the sequence of WOYWW posts! Come and join this marathon blog hop hosted by Julia Dunnit, currently in its 8th year running! All you need to do is snap a photo of your arty desk and show us what you've been working on this past week. Here's what I've been busy with:


That horrible brown picture frame had a nasty waxy residue on it, as you can see in the photos. After two layers of gesso, I painted it turquoise blue and then added indigo blue on top of it, removing some of the top layer to allow the lighter tone of blue to show through. Here's a close-up of the texture I achieved this way:


And this is what it looks like after I popped our wedding photo back in the frame, where it originally came from, just in time for our 15th wedding anniversary later this month. We will probably conveniently forget it, just like we do every year LOL! 


There was another anniversary earlier this month - my blog turned 3 years old! I celebrated with this post and also changed my profile photo for something more recent. The old one was more than 7 years old and I realised I didn't look like that any more! 

In other news, here's Oreo lounging on three layers of cushions. These are normally on our garden chairs outside, brought in at the end of the day, in case it rains. How do cats manage to look so comfortable all the time? Makes me want to curl up and snooze!



Thanks for visiting today! Happy WOYWW! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment below.