Tuesday 28 June 2016

LifeBook Week 26: Embracing your Selfie

Last week's LifeBook lesson by Pam Carriker was one that I was particularly looking forward to. She's one of those artists whose portraits are instantly recognizable, and I was hoping I could pick up a few tips. I wasn't disappointed! So much so that I immediately ordered her most recent book, Mixed Media Portraits, which is a good extension to this lesson.

Even though I traced one of my photos for this portrait, as per the instructions, it doesn't look anything like me at all! But that wasn't the point anyway. Pam allowed us to use just three colours: black, white and a colour of our choice. I chose cobalt turquoise, similar to what she had in the lesson. The idea was to use different shades and tints of this colour, mixed with black and white respectively and play with the lights and darks. I quite like how this limited colour palette looks. This is what I ended up with:







Now I'd better get on with this week's lesson! 
We are now halfway through the year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment below.