Wednesday 18 May 2016

WOYWW #363: A cardboard box, a vintage sewing machine and a sleeping cat

Hello again on this rainy/sunny Wednesday morning. Time for another WOYWW, although in my case it's more like What Was On Your Floor on Tuesday Afternoon? And the answer is a very large cardboard box! My son's new chair was delivered in it on Monday and it took up the entire dining room. I was about to rip it into pieces to put it out for recycling, when I realized it would make a great substrate for artwork. It's top quality, sturdy, 3-ply cardboard. I borrowed my hubby's box cutter and cut the flaps into manageable pieces, about 14-15 inch wide and of variable lengths. Here's the operation in progress (with Oreo looking on from outside):


I ended up with this stack of boards. I will gesso them and use them like canvases. They will keep me going for a while!


I'd also like to show you something else that's been lying around on the floor, waiting to be put on Ebay. Now I'm not so sure if I want to sell it at all! It would be lovely to keep it if I could find some space for it somewhere. It's a vintage Singer sewing machine that used to belong to my mother-in-law. It's a work of art in itself! Beautiful craftsmanship - they don't make things like this any more! It works too, although it has very limited functions. I took some photos to show you its beauty. It's in very good condition for its age.My husband thinks it's from the 1930s, but we're not sure.






While I was taking these photos, Oreo settled into his igloo next to me on the floor and promptly fell asleep. I snapped these while he was sleeping. 



Thanks for stopping by! 
I'll be over to visit as many WOYWW-ers as I can!
Have a wonderful Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment below.