Monday 29 February 2016

Wanderlust: February book prompts

Just in the nick of time, I can squeeze in one last post in February - lucky we've got a leap year! Today I'm sharing two pages from my Wanderlust book for the February prompts.

The first page prompt was "write a lot, write fast, write everything".  I'm not a prolific journaller, preferring to express myself visually, rather than verbally on my pages. I think it has to do with the fact that I don't like my handwriting. This prompt encouraged me to give up my inhibitions and use my own handwriting.

My handwriting is pretty much illegible, but it was a very cathartic experience for me to let my feelings spill on the page. I wrote about the importance of letting go of resentments and real or perceived grievances. We can not move forward unless we forgive, and that includes forgiving ourselves as well as other people. Here's my page expressing these feelings:








The second book prompt was "the bravest moment in my life". Instead of recalling one brave moment, I wrote a reminder of what bravery means to me. Bravery is doing the right thing (or what you think is the right thing at the time) even if you stand alone in your conviction and you have to go against the authority of other people or the entire system. I've done this many times in my life and I know it did not always serve me, but I've always remained true to myself and my principles.

I used a colourful background for this page that I created earlier on deli paper. You can find out more about it in this post.  I was more than a little attached to this background, so I wasn't willing to cover it up much. I only added some white ink doodling, drippage and splatters.









Please note that there's currently a Google/Blogger glitch preventing some comments being posted. I still get notifications of all comments, but they don't always appear on my blog. This is happening to everyone who has Google comments enabled on their blog. There's nothing I can do about this - I'm just hoping it will get sorted soon and all comments will eventually appear.

Thanks for visiting and Happy Leap Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment below.