Sunday 7 February 2016

LifeBook Week06: Return of the Quirky Birds

Week six of LifeBook brought us 'Return of the Quirky Birds', aka 'The Feather Awakens'. Tam made a brilliant, Star Wars themed intro, which was very funny.  I did the original Quirky Bird lesson a while ago, which you can find here and here.

This lesson called for wet-on-wet watercolours, but I didn't have the courage to go ahead with that, so I just used neocolors and acrylics, like in the original lesson. I'm not sure watercolours would have worked on this composition anyway, as my page is rather small but I might try it on a full page bird later, like I've seen other people do in the Facebook group.

As you can see, I've smuggled in a cat among the 'pigeons' - I couldn't help myself! I used book paper to texture the tree, which worked quite well, I think. I'm happy with the composition, not so much with the shading though. It's something I haven't quite mastered yet.

Happy Sunday! I hope my quirky birds (and cat) put a smile on your face!








Oreo "helping" me with this project

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment below.