Wednesday 13 January 2016

WOYWW #345: Polymer Clay Mosaic Tiles

I'm pretty late with my WOYWW post today. My internet access wasn't working properly earlier this morning. At one point I thought I would have to give it a miss this week, but hopefully I can still squeeze in at the end of the queue on the Stamping Ground!

Here's my desk as it was yesterday. I put the pasta machine there only to show you - I wasn't really using it! I know it's a bit of a cheat, but I do want to show you some of the stuff I made with it at the weekend. I got it on Saturday morning, having ordered it on Friday afternoon. Amazon Prime does seem to perform wonders, although people are quick to slag it. It was £14.99 down from £69.99 - though I don't for a second believe that anyone would pay that much for it. Here's a link if you want to check it out. I've got the gold one!

Oreo is hogging my chair again!

And now let me show you some of the tiles I made out of polymer clay and mica powders. Of course, you don't need a pasta machine for these but it certainly helps roll the clay evenly. Whenever I use a manual roller, I always end up with a wonky surface. There are lots of YT tutorials on how to make these, just search for polymer clay tiles or mosaics. I plan to use mine on a journal cover, but I need to make more to cover it completely. These are really just trial pieces.








Before you go, please take a look at this photo of Oreo. He's only got one eyebrow left! I'm pretty sure he had more when we first got him. Is this normal? Is it going to grow back? He looks a bit funny with just the one! The white stands out against the black. He doesn't seem to mind though...




No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment below.