Sunday 8 February 2015

DLP Week06: Don't Stop Me Now

This week's Documented Life Project challenge is layering and the prompt is "Don't stop till you get enough". This immediately reminded me of the famous Queen song so I decided to use the lyrics for my journalling on this page. I first became interested in art journalling about a year ago and this sentiment expresses my feelings towards this wonderful art form perfectly. I do not ever want to stop because I'm having such a good time!

I tried to use as many layers as I could without making my page look too messy. I started out with brayering three colours on my blank page using acrylic paints. I decided to keep to a neutral palette this time, which is quite unusual for me. The colours I used were: burnt umber, portrait pink and unbleached titanium. This is what I got with these first three layers:

Layers 1-3: brayering acrylics
Next, I added some pieces of a designer napkin. These images were already layered, so the layering effect immediately multiplied as a result. I also added some script stamping in the blank areas.

Layers 4-5: napkin and stamping
Next, I decided to glue down some patterned paper strips in a grid format, largely following the patterns in the napkin. I inked these strips and also inked the edges of my page, giving it more dimension.

Layers 6-7: paper strips and inked edges
Finally, I added my journalling strips and some white stamping with various texture stamps. This is what my final page looks like:

Layers 8-9: journalling strips and white stamping





No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment below.