Thursday 23 October 2014

Word of Inspiration Wednesday: GIFT

The inspirational word that Heather Kraafter gave us this week in the Kraafter's Kommunity on Google+ is GIFT.  You know, I've been talking about how I struggle with some projects, while others just seem to fall together effortlessly. This one belongs in the latter category!

It probably took me less than half an hour to put this together, including drying time. My journalling process has become quite predictable lately: gesso, paint, gelli prints, stamping, image, quote, shading and highlights. While this is becoming comfortable and quick, I have to be careful so that it doesn't get too "samie" and boring. For now, I still enjoy this process!

I used a new stencil I'd recently bought and I really like it! It's got several different designs and just the right size for art journalling. It's a 6X6 inch stencil by The Crafter's Workshop called well-rounded. I consider this a good buy as it contains nine separate patterns, all of which are very versatile.

I hope you like my page. If you would like to join the Kraafter's Kommunity, we'll all be happy to see you there!


I'm loving how the paint accumulated on the wire binding!

I used polyfilla to put through a stencil instead of texture paste.

I outlined the word tiles with Stabilo All watersoluable pencils and activated it with some water


The polyfilla always gives crisp outlines and dries almost instantly!

I'm filling up my WOIW journal rather quickly adding a new page each week!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment below.