Saturday 11 October 2014

Sunday Sentiments: 12 October 2014

Big thanks to those of you who took part in last week's Sunday Sentiments. I was overwhelmed by your response! I really enjoyed reading your wonderful blog posts and seeing your lovely projects. I hope even more of you will take part this week!

Remember, you can link to an old blog post of yours - you don't need to create anything specifically for this link up (but, of course, you're more than welcome to!) Some of your old creations may be hidden gems that otherwise no one would ever see - give them a second chance! If linking to an old blog post, however, it's a good idea to update it with an introductory paragraph to make it relevant to this link up.

The sentiment I'm sharing with you today is a well-known quote from The Little Prince, one of my favourite books:

It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye.

Here's my creation for this week that was inspired by this quote:


This project is mounted on a piece of scrap chipboard (the backing off a paper pad).  It was just the right size for my Gelli print background, which I glued on with ModPodge. I'm beginning to like ModPodge more and more, instead of the gel medium I normally use. ModPodge seems to dry to a more silky and less sticky finish. I cut a large circle out of a second print with a contrasting colour, which is supposed to be the Little Prince's planet.

The image of the Little Prince is the original art work by the author, Antoine Saint-Exupery. I'm sure everyone is quite familiar with it. I copied a rough outline onto cartridge paper and coloured it in with my Inktense pencils and blocks. I used two star charms for his shoulders, which look remarkably like the ones in the original design. It was just a lucky coincidence again that I had those in my stash! Instead of his sword, I added a rose in his hands, though I realize that the Little Prince would have never killed his beloved rose! It was a design decision I had to make! 

I printed the words on regular computer paper and coloured them with Staedtler glitter gel crayons. They twinkle slightly in the light, though you can't see this in the photos. The font I used is 'Beyond Wonderland". I drew some tiny stars on the background with a stencil and added Stickles dots in the middle to make them sparkle. I completed the layout with some white outlining and doodling.


Three colours of gel crayons blended on the word strips

Metal charms and a pearl for 3D embellishment

The dimensional rose is by Prima

I rounded the corners of the chipboard to fit my Gelli prints

I'm eager to see your creations this week! Please share your projects below through the InLinkz button. Have fun blog hopping!

Remember to link directly to your project page and not your home page. 


1 comment:

  1. I love the texture in the blue planet.
    It looks like velvet, so scrumptious.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment below.